Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Just Because

I am determined to be a better blogger.

SO eventhough I am exhausted, I will blog about my day.  It may seem very ordinary, but today I saw all the blessings in my life.

Bella and I woke up around 7ish...let me rephrase that Bella woke up way before that and during that time

  • she managed to almost crawl off the bed several times... ( I always grab her foot at the very last second before she goes over, I credit it to the mother's intuition or the Holy Ghost, both very credible sources! all with my eyes closed trying to get that extra five minutes of sleep)  
  • Pulled out even more of my hair in attempt to get me out of bed,,, when I yell " OW! Bella that hurts Mommy, please don't do that"  The only response I receive from her  is a more determined look and she pulls my hair harder... I am too tired at this point to pull her hair back and roll over to try "Mind over Matter"
  • Since said suicide attempts and scalping have not woken up the cracken, Bella takes matters to the next level, She begins poking her fingers where ever she finds weakness... up my nose, in my mouth,  GRAND Finale.... hooks my eye and pulls two hairs ever so fiercely from the side of my temples...

I AM UP!

I love to sleep in like the best of them and I don't want you to think I neglect my child, trust me, she gets all my attention BUT I would be ever so more willing to wake up early IF she would cut out the 1am wake up call and party till 3am business... 

I think we are teething again.

So we are up and getting ready and have an appointment to be at by 10am downtown.  I remember mumbling to Mitch to make sure to leave my car key since he borrowed it last night. It would be luck that he would forget and go to class ( I hate canceling appointments so Im always anxious the day I have one that the earth might end and I could be late for presaid appointment)  Well the key is where he left it and I crawl to Bella's room ( SHE LOVES THAT, it cracks her up the Mommy crawls like her)  So we crawl to her room, we change her diaper and (since I organized/ Baby proofed as much as I could baby proof her room yesterday... WHOO HOO - I loathe cleaning-)  I curled up in the glider with her blanket and let her play while I gently rest my eyes....

....giggles... bag ruffles....silence....OPEN eyes...

Bag of clothes to donate all over the floor,  but toys are still neatly in place.  nice :)  Mitch then calls to let me know he has Bella's carseat as he parks for class... (Ahhh. nightmare confirmed but I play it cool, he's got a lot on his plate.... breathe.)  He then tells me he is on his way home to bring it to me (Bless his heart).  I would have met him halfway but alas no carseat.  

My knight in shining arm peeps his head through the door and scoops up his mini-princess and I beg for just 15 minutes of sleep... He comes to my rescue by feeding Bella her breakfast and I cuddle up into a little ball and melt into the glider (which is now fully paid off- Woot! Woot!)

After our appointment we come home and start the workings of our day!  Bella is crawling everywhere and our favorite game to play is the "Couch Game"  It's really quite simple.  I crawl and she follows and we circle around the couch.  Of course, it's not your typical run around.  It's more of a coyotoe/ road runner game.  I will quickly crawl around one side as she chugs after me only to stop while out of sight and go the opposite direction to surprise the other side!  She laughs and laughs and is/was surprised each time.  It worked wonders to wear her out, but she is progressing and learning and is soon becoming smarter than I.  Because now she will see me disappear and then wait for me to come the opposite direction...  she waits for the bait!  So she is learning patterns and what to expect... she is so stinking smart!  Nonetheless, its our favorite game and I loved playing with her to hear her hearty little laugh!  Its worth the sore knees (Crawling hurts!)

I had just finished a tutu (rush order) and needed to ship it so the photographer who ordered it could use it in her upcoming shoot. and I promised Bella if she would be ever so patient and go quietly into her carseat as soon as we got back I would reward her with watermelon on our return.

My little model :)


She didn't quiet get the gist of the proposition and cried to and from and during transition, but giving her the benefit of the doubt, she is only 9 months and probably misunderstood my request.  So upon our arrival home, I brought out our special treat.

SHE LOVES WATERMELON!

After our treat, I was going to put the remainder of the watermelon away into the fridge, I am quite the butterfingers, and the big bowl of delicious melon fell from hands out of the fridge... the bowl flew down and the top of container flew off... but the bowl landed right side up :)  and only one piece of watermelon perished on the newly mopped floor.... so I ate it (five second rule)
It was delish and I was grateful for Heavenly Father's tender mercy of saving Bella's favorite treat.

We are planting a garden (and by we, I mean Mitchell's parents because I am not an outdoorsy kind of girl... however, I plan to help however I can... stay tuned for the misguided debacles of Ashley Gardening)  And there was fresh asparagus sprouting from last years garden.  Now I am not sure if you have ever had fresh asparagus picked fresh from the garden, but its is sooo sweet and tasty!  Not at all what you would find at Publix and I love Publix.  So naturally, if Bella sees us eat, she wants some too.  She loved the asparagus!  I'd upload the video on here but I've never gotten blogger to upload a video successfully so I won't waste my time.  If you want to see it, you can watch it on Facebook.  I have included a few pictures.

Mmmm...

Yummm....

We have no tiff about getting her to eat her veggies!


At dinnertime, I fed Bella leftover spaghetti which she loved.... she loves food. Any food, and even more so any food you put in her mouth.  I was putting it away and you guessed it ... I dropped it!  But this time it not only landed right side up but top still intact.  Someone really likes me up there :)

We played some more and then it was bath time.  If you are squeamish or not into potty talk, go ahead and skip this paragraph.  Bella has had some tummy issues pretty much her whole life... acid reflux and constipation issues... its just really hard for her to go and more often than not when she does "go" its a struggle for her so we know what the poppy face looks like.  We were in the bathtub and just playing with the bubbles and she was chewing on her favorite toy when her eyes got that look.  I knew what was coming!  So I quickly grabbed her out of the tub and flew her over to the potty and guess what?

She pooped in the big girl potty!  

I was so proud!  I know this doesn't technically count as potty trained but I am going to count it as an honorable mention.  Yes there was a little surprise in the bathtub so I had to drain all the water, bleach the tub and her toys and draw another bath, but it was totally worth it and she had so much fun splashing and laughing.

It amazes me how much joy she brings me just by sitting still and watching her grow.  Her smile just melts my heart.  And even though she is into everything and anything, she still takes time to stop playing or crawling or causing mischief to crawl up to her Mommy and give her cuddles... I have it made.

After bed time with Bella, I started working on another tutu that was rush ordered for the following day... I love making these things, but it does take up some time.... anyways it was about 10 or so and Mitch was finally coming home from school.  Very rarely do I see him with his crazy schedule, much less have a relevant conversation where we can talk and laugh and just be together... but I was fortunate tonight to do just that.  As I made the tutu we just talked and laughed and it was so nice.  Even though we were both exhausted.  I saw today so many blessings that might have otherwise been overlooked had I not taken the time to notice them.  I realize as I take the time to see one blessing... I see exponentially more blessings soon after.  Not because I am blessed to see a blessing that I am blessed with more, but because I humbled myself to see the tender mercies in the small things.

Today had such a sweet spirit and I am grateful for the little things, just because.



No comments:

Post a Comment