Friday, April 1, 2011

Success.

I am my worst critic... and I'm very severe on myself... I wouldn't wish it on anybody!  At the end of my day, I critique everything that I do and more often that not, I see where I fall short and others succeed.  I feel like I'm not accomplishing enough or I'm not "important" because I am a stay at home mom and when people ask what you do?  They're like, "Oh"  and it doesn't get any better when they ask where we're living...
  "OhwelivewithMitch'sparentssoIcanstayathomewithBellawhilehegetshisDoctorateinPhysicalTherapy" That's my response, fast and no breathing. All one word :)

The response is always akward.  Don't get me wrong, SO grateful for the opportunity because we couldn't make it if we didn't and I couldn't leave Bella to work, but sometimes people get me down.

And as often as I feel that, somehow Heavenly Father, with his unrelenting patience ( I try it A LOT, I'm sure)  takes times out of His day, to show me, HEY! You're doing a good job.  You're important and this work I gave you is important.  See the fruits of your labor.

 Bella knows her Savior, Jesus Christ :)



This little video, reminds me, I am doing the greatest work there is, raising and nurturing one of His children.  I'm not perfect, I'm learning, but I am trying my best...  Bella is not quite 10 months (she could do this since she was 8 months but I never caught it on video because it amazes me every time) but she knows who her Savior is.  Okay... so I can't take 100% credit for this because she is fresh from Heaven so I know she knows Him.  But I do make sure she says prayer at night and every meal or just when we need to say a prayer.  She knows how to pray and she will fold her arms (hold her hands really because she can't fold her arms yet but she does it all by herself) and is reverent, most of the time.  And she knows her Savior and that He loves her.  I've shown her pictures and tell her about His love. We talk about our bodies being a like a  temple that houses our Spirit and to keep it clean and respect.  I remind her how great it is to have a body and how awesome it is she chose the right, and came to earth to get a body.  That's a big accomplishment there.  I encourage her to keep making right choices and promise her, that I will do my best to help her make those choices by teaching her right from wrong.  I also tell her, there will be times when you make a mistake and will do wrong, but she can repent and be forgiven through the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  I use the word atonement, she's smart.  And I tell her no matter what, Daddy and I will always love you.  And that her Father in Heaven loves her so much too and wants her to grow and progress and return home to Him one day (but not yet, because I love her so!)  I know she is young, but it's never too early.  I'm sure she probably thinks I'm silly because I am sure she remember a lot more than I can relay to her.  But she is patient, and listens all the same and we both partake of the sweet Spirit that blesses our home.   It's moment like these, that after all my shortcomings and falling short of perfections, there is success.

2 comments:

  1. We are doing the most sacred, most rewarding job out there! I know that people can say things that hurt our feelings or offend us, but we just have to remember how important and rewarding our job is. You are doing an amazing job with that precious angel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley, you are an amazing mom and adore Bella so much. There is NOTHING more important that you could be doing. I worked for a long time. I made good money and loved what I did. I miss the money and I miss getting praise and being taken out to nice restaurants for business lunches, but I wouldn't trade that for the time I get to spend with my kids. They are only little once and you can never relive that time. As far as living with parents - I was 40 when I went back and lived in the basement! I had a career and a home and still ended up in the basement. Just think of all the money you're saving!

    ReplyDelete