Monday, September 6, 2010

My Very First Post

Wow! I finally have a blog!


I can honestly say I have been extremely humbled by this process of creating a blog!  I thought myself very a technologically inclined person, however, I have discovered this is not quite the case.... nonetheless, I am happy to be up and running! There are so many options and I still have a lot to learn but this should do for now.  Any tips, help, and/or suggestions will be much appreciated!


Time for the nitty gritty!


Mitchell and I will be celebrating our 2nd Anniversary as a happily married couple! I am so blessed with the most amazing, hottest, sweetest, understanding, funny, muscular, spiritual, intelligent, wonderful, awesome, most cuddle-able, loveable, did I say amazing husband ever!  He truely is my Prince Charming!  Our time together has been the most amazing journey and I am still very much in love with this man!  It has been the best thing I have ever agreed to and my life is blessed each day having him as my Eternal Companion (or EC, for short!)  We have been through quite a bit but we stand strong together with our faith in our Heavenly Father!!!  Sooo much has happened in that very short time :)  We had our plan when we first got married, rent an apartment for one year and then buy a house.  We both go back to school.  Wait three years before we start a family...that was our initial plan.  Let's recap... We have lived in an apartment for the past two years and recently moved back in with family, Mitch is currently at University of South Carolina, and shortly after our first anniversary (a couple days after today a year ago) we decided there was someone in heaven that needed to come to earth.  Nine months later, on Monday, June 7,2010, Isabella Grace Howe arrived!  I like Heavenly Father's plan Waaaay better!  My life is overflowing with blessings!


 Mitchell has just started USC in August... GO COCKS!!!.. to continue his journey of getting his DPT (Doctorate of Physical Therapy)  He has had a very positive attitude about this since he is a die-hard Georgia Bulldog :-/  I am sooo proud of him!  He has a little under 5 years left of school and we are both anxiously counting down the days! He is going to school full time (16 hours) and working full time with his father doing landscaping!  Which if you are not from SC, is ridiculously hard work since its almost 100 degrees plus everyday of summer!  He works sooo hard for our family and never complains!  He is a wonderful father to Isabella and husband to me!  He is an amazing individual and such a hard worker for his family!  His faith gives me strength.

We are officially moved in with Mitchell's parents for the time being and almost settled in!  Alot of people are asking, how is it going living with the in-laws and to this I say, wonderfully.  I've been blessed with great in-laws.  We practically have a whole half of a house to ourselves!  Its almost better than having our own apartment and Bella is L-O-V-I-N-G all the extra attention she gets from Ga-ma and Pa-Paw!

Speaking of Little Miss Bella,  today she sucked her thumb for the very first time!  She has been knawing on her hand for a couple of days but has not been successful in pulling out that thumb!  She also has learned how to grab her foot which is a new development as well!  I am always more amused at her new developments than she is!  She most likely thinks "Mommy is crazy" but she still loves me!  We were getting ready for church this morning, and Bella was in the bathroom with me, "helping me get ready" and I was telling her how today was Sunday and this was a very special Sunday because it was fast and testimony meeting (for the non-LDS, the first Sunday of every month, we fast and have the opportunity to bear our testimonies during sacrement.  Its a very sweet experience) And I know she understands because she had the sweetest smile.  I was grateful to stand and bear my testimony in our new ward.  I was grateful to my Heavenly Father for blessing me with so much.  I know that He loves me and He knows my name.  He knows my needs.  He restored the true gospel to this Earth and that the family is central to his plan.

Family is soooo important.  I never fully understood that until I had my own child.  It is such an amazing experience to be a parent.  I am so grateful that Bella has a Mommy and a Daddy and that they love each other.  I am grateful that she is in a home filled with love.  These things are so important and I know she feels that love.  She is the happiest baby I know!  She loves attention and gives smile and coos at anyone who pays her attention.  She has a peace about her and it pretty much the most amazing thing ever.  She is my greatest accomplishment.

Mitch paid me the most wonderful compliment the other night as we had a quiet moment to ourselves.  We were eating at Casa Linda's as we were discussing different topics about how most women nowadays would rather work than stay at home with their kids or have any children at all, and he expressed how grateful he was to have a wife who wanted to stay at home and take care of his daughter.  That I didn't care about advancing in a career, but that my sole ambition was on my home and family.  Now to some it might seem like there is no ambition there, but that's where they would be wrong.  Because my greatest ambition is my family.  That is what matters most, not some fancy car or bigger house or a title or standing in society.  In the next life, none of that will matter, you can't take that to heaven... but you can have your family.  I am grateful that families can be together forever and that brings me joy because I have the best family ever!

I think this is enough for one day.... til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment