Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Precious Moments

Today Bella melted my heart.  This isn't really a new thing, it happens daily, but this one really melted it all the way to mush.

We normally battle at nap time unless she falls asleep in the car, in which case its pretty easy.  I don't know why this happens, it just does.  Sometimes there is a fluke and there will be two days of peace time.  Then the battle.  I think the battle helps wear her out, but it exhausts and frustrates me.  Sometimes this ends badly... she gets her feelings hurt and will cry and then will cuddle with me and fall asleep.  I'd much rather cut through all the drama and go straight to the cuddling.  There is nothing better than getting kicked by your child in the face with "I Feel My Saviors Love' playing in the background (I play lullabies during naptime) because not only do I feel bad because I have to punish her but I completely feel like I can't feel the good feelings from that song.  Today we battled and I eventually won and she fell asleep, like she always does, cuddling my arm and snuggled real close.  I'm always afraid after our nap excursions she'll wake up and not like me anymore. Which would break my heart.  But she woke up and came straight to me wanting to hug me, almost as an apology and I hugged her right back, grateful for the embrace.

So after some apple juice and cuddling under a blanket watching Dora, it was time to go to the store to get things for dinner.  As we were putting on her shoes, she puts her arms around me and hugs me real tight and says " My Mommy" and I squeeze her right back and tell her "My Bella".  We do this a couple times back and forth.  We start to walk to the door and I say to her, "I will always be your Mommy, no matter what."  She holds my hand as we walk and says "I will always be your Bella"

Heart to mush.   I hope she remembers this conversation when she gets older and think she knows everything.  When she thinks I'm the enemy and out to get her.  I hope I remember this when she is driving me crazy and I feel like the worst mom in the world.   I wish I could bottle that moment and keep it forever in my heart.  I'll do the next best thing, and blog about it.  And pray Blogger never crashes.

I love this little girl so much!  She really is my world.  She tries my patience (and my pain tolerance)  but she teaches me so much as well.  She loves her family and her friends.  She loves church.  She loves to sing and hop and dance.  Somehow she loves me and wants to be with me.  And somehow I've taught her and managed to take care of her (which I'm not great about taking care of myself so this is a big deal!)  She sets a great example for me, unless you're talking about naps, in which case she is a great example of what not to do.  But seriously, I love this little Bella.  She is an awesome kid and is soo smart.  And funny!

Her little (brother?!?!) is going to be just as awesome.  She's made some pretty big footprints to follow but she is such a good helper, I know she'll help lead him right along.  I'm amazed at her ability to care for others.  I'm still amazed how people are drawn to her.  I love seeing her develop and interact with others and I know she's going to be the best big sister in the world.  She keeps saying "it's a boy"  which maybe foreshadowing or it could be her repeating what Daddy said.

Quick Preggo update:  We find out next Wednesday if Daddy is right :)  I had a kidney stone Mother's Day Weekend, which was uber fun, but Baby H is still kicking and very active, mostly at night.  Sometimes during nap time.  I hope they are a better sleeper than Bella.  I'm already starting to swell but most of my weight is in my tummy and chest.  I've gained 11 lbs so far, and since I'm at the halfway point with the pregnancy, I'm happy with that.  I try to "hold" the baby at night and it helps me sleep.  I've been more emotional lately but have maintained to only crying like once a week.  I don't look for reasons to cry, they just kind of happen.  I definitely get my feelings hurt more easily now.  I'm very excited to meet little one but I'm also anxious to savor the one on one time with Bella.  I love my little family so much.  Sleep is hit or miss.  I mostly catch up during my two hour nap times.  I always feel better when I have Mitch beside me with Bella in between us and my hand on my belly.  I feel safer and like my family is accounted for and together.  I know thats a little crazy but it helps me sleep.   I get heart burn and have to eat smaller meals but the nausea is drastically reduced. :)  I need to post a belly pic soon.

Just wanted to share the sweet moment today.  Love my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment