Everyday and I mean every single day with the exception of passing out in the car, Bella and I fight for her to take a nap. Normally by the 30-45 minute mark, my patience is worn pretty thin or almost there, so we have a firm "talk" where I say something along the lines of " I don't know why we fight everyday. You take a nap everyday. And you fight me everyday and then you give up and take a nap. So lets just skip the fighting. Mommy is not fighting with you today. I'm not going to do it." Or maybe thats verbatim what is said everyday. So yesterday, was like opposite day in our house. If I folded the clothes, Bella looked right at me, with me telling her no and she would throw them all over the floor, undoing my hardwork. Or she would kick me, after I just told her not too... etc, you get the idea. Well after so much I'd had my fill and she was trying to pull me down (thank you preggo balance) so I tried to walk away and I was trying to explain to her why we don't behave this way. This was her reply: "Mommy! I'm not fighting with you today, I not going to do it!"
Someone should tell her that this is not how that conversation works...
If you keep up with me on Facebook, you would know I've recently had some computer issues, IE my less than TWO YEAR OLD Mac had a failed optical drive. It pretty much ruined Bella's new Beauty and the Beast DVD and ruined my night that night. I spent all night trying to find ways to fix it myself, etc. Surely it hadn't already failed. We spent over $2000 for this computer, it better work! So I thought I would contact Apple since several users on the forum stated they had similar problems leading me to believe, it was indeed faulty hardware and not operator error. I believe in getting what you pay for. I belive in being nice but I also believe in not letting people take advantage of you, especially when you gave them your (or your husband's) or hard earned money for a product that supposed to be superior. So after the third transfer and a hour and half of my time, the person informed me my only option was to drive to Augusta and pay out of pocket, I refused to get off the phone until something was done, because A. I had not just wasted my time with my daughter to be told something I could figured out on my own, B. We have boo-koos of Apple products and never had a problem C. Something can always be done, something, anything and they were offering nada. So I then informed them as nicely as I could "If this is all they could offer, I would never, ever buy another Apple product AND I would make sure all of my friends and family also did not purchase a product so that they did not have to experience such poor service." At this point, Bella was concerned and asked who I was on the phone with. She then gets her play phone, and starts saying, "I'll Never, Ever, Ever,Ever,Ever,Ever do that again. Ever., Ever, Ever,Ever,Ever,Ever." For the record, I didn't say "ever" that many times, but she's been going around the house saying "Ever. Ever.Ever.Ever." I'm trying to change it to a positive by saying "Mommy loves you forever and ever and ever."
So far, no such luck.
I did get Mitch's permission to share this, so you can thank him for the awesome laugh. Mitch works in landscaping which requires him to get pretty dirty. So at the end of the day, he goes into the garage to take off his work clothes so he doesn't get dirt everywhere. Then walks through the house to the shower, in his under-roos to take a shower. No big deal, he's not naked and you can't see anything. ( Well when Bella has a dirty diaper, we normally check by squeezing the back of her diaper to see if she left a little "nugget" and we can tell for sure if she's pooped. ) So one day, Mitch comes home from work and walks into the living room to see Bella before his shower. She walks up to Mitch (who's standing with his hands on his hips) where she reaches up and grabs him between the legs and says "Daddy, you pooped? you pooped?" I thought we would die laughing. I wish I had it on camera because we would be rich.
Needless to say, Mitch is more careful about walking around the house.
While getting things ready for Bella's birthday party, I had to use a paper cutter. While I was doing something else, I hear Bella playing with it and all I can think about is her slicing a finger off! So I quickly scoop her on the bed and firmly tell her "We don't play with that. That could hurt you!" I didn't yell or sound mean, I just wanted to express the seriousness. She looks at me and smiles, and says: "Be nice, Mommy. Be nice. You gotta be nice."
She has a point, we need to be "nice."
Occasionally, when talks and time-outs don't work, I have to result to pops on the bottom. More so to get her attention than anything else. Well Bella is very body aware and likes her body to be her body. Which I respect, which I love about her! Well one day, when we were in one of those situations, I popped her bottom and she says" No Mommy! My Butt! My butt! (as she pops herself)" I corrected her and informed her, "That your bottom, but it's Mommy's bottom when you don't listen to Mommy."
I'm glad she knows its her body.
Mitch needed a back rub so I was rubbing his back on the floor when Bella came up beside me and plopped down and wanted a turn so here I am, the pregnant lady, laying on the floor massaging the non-pregnant people and singing lullabies, per Bella's request. I then ask them how this happened! So Bella, being the sweet little girl she is, offers to rub my arm and then she does my legs, when she looks at my feet (that desperately need a pedicure and some lotion) she see the cracks on my feet and say " Oh! Mommy, you hurt? it hurt? Need a bandaid?"
Such a "little Mommy"already!
When we found out we were having a boy, we sent THE ultrasound picture to a select few to reveal the big news that it was a boy. The picture was pretty obvious! So that night we went to my favorite resturaunt to celebrate and Mitch's parents came along to celebrate. Bella loves her grandparents so of course she wanted to ride home in Ganma's car. On their way home, Jan told Don. How happy she was it was a boy, but she hated the first picture she ever saw of her grandson was his Peter. Well along the way home Bella was asking where's so and so, and where's so and so... she loves to know where and what her family and friends are doing, it's her favorite game. She then asks, "Where's Peter?" All they could do was laugh.
This little one picks up on ev-er-y-thing!
I was changing shirts the other day, and my belly is pretty big, so it was poking out from under my undershirt and Bella asks "Mommy, you naked?" I was pretty much fully clothed, but if she sees any naked skin besides arms or legs, then you're naked.
You've been forewarned.
Bella's mealtime prayers funnies:
"Father Daddy,Ow! It's hott. Amen."
"Fee fie Foe belly. Amen."
But most of the time, it's "Father Daddy, Amen."
That's all I can think of right now... so until the next funny thing happens!
No comments:
Post a Comment