Tuesday, October 9, 2012

One Week

 ( I'm still working on his "Birth Post" but I've got a ton of pictures to edit and don't want to get behind.)

So today was our first day with just me, Bella and Ronan.  We survived.  It wasn't as bad as it could be because I made sure the first thing my knees did this morning was hit the floor and offer a prayer.  While hectic and stressful at times, we made it through and I was able to keep my patience.  Bella is not adjusting as easily as I thought she would.  She LOVES Ronan and wants to be helpful.  She has been cared for by Mitch and his mom while I've been taking care of me and Ronan.  I don't know if this has affected her in a negative way, but our relationship has taken a major shift.  She is more defiant and whiney and acts out more than she ever has before.  Thankfully, Ronan is an ideal baby.  He doesn't cry unless he's hungry.  He sleeps almost all the time and even a good bit through the night.  I really couldn't ask for a better baby.  I am struggling with adjusting to having two children now. I want to bond with Ronan but at the same time don't want to neglect Bella.  I feel like she is really struggling with the change.  She does still want me at night time so I try to make sure Ronan is fed and asleep before her bedtime so I can lie down with her for a little while.  Bella and Mitch sleep in Bella's room on an air matress and I am in our room with Ronan in a bassinet.   This way Mitch gets sleep and we don't have to worry about Bella coming in or being woken up by midnight feedings.  This wasn't in our plan, but its an adjustment that seems to be working out well for all of us.  Except I really miss my husband!

She had to be wrapped in a blanket like a baby too!

 We stayed in my room for the majority of the day, watching movies and I tried to be accommodating to both children.  I did some laundry and tried to maintain keeping things clean (in our room)  I had to wake Ronan to nurse and Bella helped me get things I needed.  She borders defiance and wanting to be independent and I am trying to find the median of being understanding of her needs and the transition and laying down the law of what is acceptable behavior.  We had a couple snafus and she started doing this yelling thing (which is not okay with me) so a time out or two was also part of our day.  I also got some pretty bad news on a few different things, so the trust and faith in Heavenly Father continues.  I feel a peace about things just because I have no other choice and I realize, at the end of the day, Heavenly Father has a plan for me and my family.  I will go forward with faith.  It's been an emotional day to say the least, but I know tomorrow will be better and life will go on.

Bella has also tried to "pump milk" for Ronan with my Medella and I let her press the buttons (to help include her) and she held the pump and brought it to her chest and tells me " it's so beautiful" and "I love it so much, its my favorite color" .  She has also started calling things weird which is "weird" because I don't know where she got the word from, but she uses it alot now.  Also she has decided to either be a Big Giant or Little Baby... and they typically are at the least convenient times.


I just want to say I was able to get both children down for a nap and take a three hour nap today.  Thats accomplishment because I thought I'd never nap again.

We have officially submitted all paperwork for MUSC and we are just awaiting to hear from them to see if we get an interview in November or December.  Since we did early application, we will get another chance in January if we don't get first pick.  We are praying we get in, since its the only place we applied.  If we don't get in, we are possibly thinking of joining the National Guard where Mitch would go in as an officer.  I know Heavenly Father has wonderful plans for our family and I will trust in him.  This whole birth and pregnancy has increased my testimony of this.

Just a couple stats:

Ronan:


  • Ronan loves to be swaddled! 
  • He is an awesome sleeper and eater, although there might be some reflux going on :(
  • He loves to have his head rubbed and it will make him smile
  • He is an ideal baby
  • He already has a knick name, Little Man, which is what his name means
  • He has shifted our world and our lives now revolve around him and his big sister
  • He has an awesome big sister who loves him so much!
  • He likes to be held but can also chill by himself and be content.  Bella had to be held all the time.
  • He is loved.
  • He still gets hiccups nightly, just like he did in my tummy.
  • He still has his umbilical cord and it bothers Bella that his tummy has a "boo boo"


Mommy:

  • Since giving birth, I've lost 12 lbs.  which wasn't as much as with Bella, BUT I also didn't gain as much with Bella.
  • I'm slowly recovering and have reduced meds but I can tell when I don't take them. I did tear with Ronan but not as deep as Bella but I feel like this tear is worse than Bella.  So recovery is progressing. 
  • I am blessed to be a mommy to these two wonderful beings.
  • My body won't sleep for more than two hours at a time at night and it seems to be okay with that.
  • I'm engorged, Mitch is thrilled... me not so much and Ronan is not complaining.  Bella has even noticed, and points and says "thats a big one, Mommy"


Happy One Week Little Man, we're so glad to have you in our family!





No comments:

Post a Comment