Sunday, January 23, 2011

Guess what I can do

Well, really it's guess what Bella can do!

First of all, we woke up yesterday (she was seven months :)... so glad she has survived the whole SIDS thing... when you leave the hospital with your newborn, they make you watch these horrible videos on shaken baby syndrome and SIDS, which is totally unpreventable, even when you take necessary precautions... which by the way what is up with that,..." I know you just had a baby and your an emotional ball of feelings, but your baby could die and there is nothing you can do about it, have a nice day... not my idea of a nice welcome to mother hood ) ANYWAYS... I woke up to Bella saying "Da-Da"  not that this is a new development, she said Da-da on Thanksgiving but we haven't heard it since... now all of the sudden, out of the blue, she is saying it all the time!  This is not the last out of the blue thing she will do this day... (oOo... the foreshadowing)

So we go about our daily chores when my grandma calls, (Bella's MeMe) and invites us to lunch with my Aunt Lisa (Sissy).  Heck Yeah, we want to go, I had actually curled my hair and put on my make up (which is not something I normally do) earlier in the morning so we left relatively quick and were on our way to Rush's for a hamburger!  When we get there,  everyone was just making over Bella like she was the cutest baby in the world (which I think she is) and I'm not exagerating... the whole Rush's staff had to see her before we left and all during our lunch.  It was hard to eat when every 5 mintues someone else would come up, and then we had to stop eating and thank them for the compliment... of course, Bella just sopped it up (after she decided they were nice people and it was okay to smile)  She put on a very nice show of smile and giggles and everyone shouted for glee! ( kind of...)  Anyways, after lunch we decided to stop by Target to see if they had any little shoes for Bella.  It's so cold outside now and socks aren't exactly providing all the warmth she needs since she insists on kicking off her blanket!  We found the most adorable little sock boots  and purchased those before we went back to MeMe's.  Bella was pooped out from shopping so she fell asleep in the car before we got there.  Shortly after we arrived, she woke up and got her bearings.  Well we put down her blanket, got out her baby doll... and guess what she did?!?!?!



(this was supposed to be the actual video but Blogger would not let me upload... it took FOREVER and still nada)
SHE CRAWLED!!!

I was so in awe, she has been scooting/crawling backwards for the better part of a month now, but could never seem to put herself in drive and go forward.... well we just put her down and off she went! I couldn't believe it!  No coaxing on our part at all, she just decided she was going to do it, and she did.  I don't have her very first crawl on video because at the risk of sound clich'e... it was magical. (and my of course, I didn't have the memory chip in my camera... MEMO TO ME: Be fully prepared from this point forward because moments are hitting left and right!!!  Thanks to Meme's camera we have it documented for your viewing pleasure) You are almost in disbelief it was really happening!  But we did catch it on camera for Daddy... he missed her first crawl but I'm sure he will be there for her first steps!  We were sad he missed it, but I know it tickled Meme and Sissy to be there for that milestone.  We are soo proud!

2 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, lock the doors, cabinets, drawers, etc... This wild child is on the loose.
    How exciting. Little Bella is growing up so fast

    ReplyDelete
  2. She must be a natural shopper. The adrenaline rush of shoe shopping got her crawling!

    ReplyDelete