Sunday, January 30, 2011

Jacob

That's right... I am in the Book of Jacob, in the Book of Mormon!  I am soooo excited!  I have attempted several times to read the Book of Mormon from cover to cover and I have never gotten past Nephi...

Well Ladies and Gentlemen, I have completed just that!  I have surpassed my previous attempts and I am chugging along to the end.  It may seem insignificant, but it is a small victory for me.  I am awesome at setting goals and also very amazing at procrastinating until the goal is non-existent... progress, people, progress.

I remember when President Gordon B Hinkley issued the challenge to read the entire Book of Mormon,  I was inactive at the time, but always promised myself that I would do it, but I never did.  He made the promise that if you would read the Book of Mormon, you would see great blessings in your life.

I am only 20% through the Book of Mormon, but I would like to share my testimony of the truthfulness of its words.  I know it is another Testament of Jesus Christ and it is written for you and me in the Latter-Days.  I know that the Book of Mormon is true.  I know that it was inspired.  It was translated, not written, by Joseph Smith.  I know that the words in the Book of Mormon are from prophets of old, just like Noah and Moses.  I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet called by God, just as President Thomas S, Monson, is our prophet today.  They are inspired men called of God.  It is plain and precious and as I read my scriptures, I feel the Spirit and I know, I know it is true and I know it is for my benefit,  I know that Heavenly Father gave us the scriptures to guide us and I am so grateful to have the Book of Mormon and partake of its knowledge.  I know that anyone can pray to know these things are true with real intent and sincere heart, and the Spirit will confirm these things to you.  I testify these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

I am going to bed, but I had to declare this HUGE milestone in my life.  My goal is to read the entire BOM in 120 days,  I am a little behind but I will complete my goal.  I haven't completed the BOM yet, but I can already see it's blessings in my life.  I encourage everyone to take the challenge, even if you have already read it... read it again and again and again.  You will be blessed.

2 comments:

  1. P.S. Reading scriptures when you have a little baby is HARD. I'm impressed that your pushing forward.

    ReplyDelete