Sunday, January 2, 2011

Just Lay on your back...

That's what Mitch told me last night, and no I am not disclosing intimate details of our love life.  I'm a lady.  I have a terrible sinus infection/cold/death warmed over bug and I couldn't breathe... It was the one side of your nose is completely stuffed up and the other side is running like it's trying to race gravity!  To make it worse, the side that was runny was the side I could not breathe out of!  So after my frustration and explaination to my very patient husband ( Bella was in between us and I was trying to nurse her back to sleep because the fireworks kept waking her up so she was scared... so instead of getting up with her every 30 minutes, we caved in and brought her back in bed with us) he told me to lay on my back.  I can't sleep on my back, it has to be on my tummy, how I slept the last portion of my pregnancy is beyond me.... come to think of it, I really didn't get the much sleep.  Anyways, I had been miserable for several days and being the stubborn girl I am, I thought to myself, lay on my back... like that will do anything!  So I did, I rolled over on my back and within a few minutes I could breathe!!!  I may think I know everything about anything since I am a mom now... I guess it comes with the territory but I am happy to be mistaken.  I am so grateful Mitchell is going to school and for his dedication to our family for persevering through the obstacles of school and work and he has been sooo helpful with Bella since I have been sick! He has learned alot already from his classes at USC (he's going into physical therapy so there are a lot of medical related courses) I seem to be feeling better now, but then I over do it and feel worse!  I am so grateful for Mitch, I couldn't do it without him.

I felt like death warmed slightly this morning, we were all going to go the Zoo and it was Bella's very first time.  Even though I felt terrible it was all worth it to see her face when we were feeding the giraffes!  First she didn''t want to give the giraffe her lettuce (she has quite a grip) and then after all the lettuce was gone we decided to get pictures with the giraffe!  Bella was fearless, she wanted to pet the giraffe and try and figure him out.  Well the giraffe just assumed she had lettuce in her hand and licked her hand to get the non-existent food... the expression on her face was priceless and we did not catch the moment on camera, you'll just have to take my word for it, it was one of those moments that had to be experience first hand, anyways.  Oh, how we love our little Bella... speaking of love, Bella LOVES honeydew melon.  It's her new favorite food.  We gave her some to try at brunch with all the family from out of town, and she tried her darndest to get every last drop!  We took it away when she bit a piece off so she wouldn't choke... BAD IDEA... she screamed and flailed until we got her some more Honeydew... at least its a healthy snack.  We have a little mesh food ring to prevent them from choking or biting off the food that we put the second honeydew in... she didn't seem to mind the compromise and we didn't mind her holding her own food.  She is also waving "bye-bye now"  It's adorable because she waves bye bye to herself... I will post a video soon.

One last thing before I sign off, my New Year's Resolution is to read the entire Book of Mormon and since I have never done it from cover to cover, I am going to do it in 120 days, that's 55 verses a day...and two days into the New Year, I am ahead of schedule (go me) I hope I can keep the momentum up.  It's important to me to complete this, I know it will bring great blessing and strengthen my testimony.  I definitely need the anwsers during this time in our life where such much is up in the air.  But I have faith and I know that as we follow the commandments, we will be blessed.

Until next time,
Ashley

1 comment:

  1. We have a zoo membership and when it's warm we go about once a week. We can get you in free if we go together, so let me know if you ever want to go. We have the kind of membership that lets you feed the giraffe for free and ride the carousel and ponies (although Bella may be too little for that one).

    ReplyDelete