Thursday, March 1, 2012

Bed rest

Nothing witty about the title of this blog. It is what is. And I'm really not surprised. I've pretty much put myself on bed rest before my OB officially did. The baby is okay. The mommy however is not. It's been rough to say the least and its very frustrating when I could do so little already, to be told do less. I would have windows of opportunity (as I like to call them). Where I'd feel good enough to stand up so I'd take Bella to the zoo or go to the grocery store (going to Publix for Bella is like a free amusement park... She gets to drive the car buggies, get free cookies and balloons) but then I'd be completely drained and do nothing for days to keep up. So when I was so miserable after the ER visit two days later, I called my OB and made the appt. he said baby is fine but you need to take it easy. Your body just isn't handling this well. Try to push fluids and if I get dehydrated, well do more fluids. My goal is no more ER visits.

I was pretty upset about it yesterday but I've been blessed with those willing to help and my in laws have been great. My FIL has given me strict orders to get written permission before I go anywhere because I'm not allowed to get worse lol. I feel loved. I've accepted my fate and will take more time to just rest so I can get on with my life.

The downside to this is I feel like Bella is struggling. She's a doll but she is really testing the waters and blatantly not listening or ignoring what I say. I don't know if it just the age or I'm a bad parent but I feel totally inadequate to have two children if I can't get one to listen to me. And to be honest I'm too tired to fight. So if I do have to get up I'm overly frustrated because she is defying me to my face. I love this little girl so much and only want what is best for her. There isn't a manual on parenting, I know their are hundreds of books on parenting and discipline but I just feel like I'm her mother, I should just know. It's been a prayerful manner. I'm just ready to feel better so I can start taking care of her again instead of her coming to me and saying "mommy sick?". Breaks my heart, I don't want to be one of those moms that sleep all day. I don't sleep all day but I am laying down.

This is mostly a complaint post but I guess that's part of the pregnancy. Good news, food has stayed down the past two days :). I love my little family and all the adventures that come with.it . I wrote this post in bed on my phone so please excuse spelling and grammatical errors.

2 comments:

  1. awww....my secong pregnancy was really bad too. Not quite as bad as yours, I had crippling back pain instead of the food issue.and Syd started throwing tantrums about the time the pain started. I could barely stand, let alone pick her up or walk over to her so I could get her to stop. I feel your pain! As soon as my household is healthy again, I'll come get bella for the day. She can come and run around in my backyard and play with the dogs. We've got the snots going around our place for now, but meds will clear it up soon. maybe we should plan for sometime next week? I'll text you. take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girlfriend! You are not a bad parent and Bella is going to get WAAAAYYYY more defiant. It's just part of them learning who they are and where their boundaries are. That is my life every day! Having two is a ROUGH transition. For me it was brutal, so PLEASE don't ever feel like you're a bad mom. Just call me, cry and we'll compare notes. I swear Jalen was six months old before I felt like I was finally getting it together. Being a mom is the best thing ever - but it's not easy! P.S. I am happy to take Bella anytime. I hardly ever have the car, but Mitch can drop her off.

    ReplyDelete