I knew I wasn't crazy! Ok, so I just found out I wasn't crazy, but that doesn't mean I haven't teetered tottered back and forth up until the very last moment...But can I just Yessss! I have finally figured my body out! And wow, am I good! I pretty much could feel the pregnancy the literal first days of my pregnancy! Am I amazed at myself, I am finally in tune with my body! (thank you yoga practice and Holy Spirit) I am woman. Hear me roar!
So we're definitely pregnant! And I could not be more thrilled :) It's been a heck of a couple weeks and I don't want to rehash the details, but challenges, trials, challenges! I was getting so depressed and anxious (thank you boosted hormones) that I just really needed some good news...I just felt disconnected and almost forgotten by my Heavenly Father, which I know was not the case, but it's been pouring lately! Torrential monsoon pouring, but like with all great challenges, there is a blessing at the end. Not that the challenges are over, just having a baby makes everything seem less crucial. Mitch and i were going to wait until I got home from Rock Hill on Thursday to take the test together, since according to the blue box, that was the earliest date we could get a read. Well I had a really bad day yesterday, just horrible and I needed some good news, so after dinner, had to pee, so thought, why not? It's just going to show negative like the three others I've already taken! So quick test, my favorite hobby, while waiting on my test to complete... Bella is banging on the bathroom door, going "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy" while I try to reassure I'll be out in uno momento. I look down at the test, and can you guess what I saw? It took a second for it to sink in, and I felt bad I did it without Mitch but in all honesty, I really figured they'd turn out like the rest, even though I still felt pregnant, plus pregnancy comes when you think you are absolutely at your least prepared moment (aka our world crumbling around us) so I should have known.But in my defense, it was 7 days before my expected missed period, and the test guaranteed as early as 5 days... how was I to know I was so fertile? Maybe it was just one of Heavenly Father's tender mercies since He knew I was driving myself crazy. Mitch called in the mix of all the craziness... Bella broke into the bathroom out this point and I snapped a pic and sent it to him! Maybe not the biggest reveals, but it worked for us. I immediately drove home, in a literal down pour this time, not metaphorical, with a huge smile on my face and heart full of gratitude to my Heavenly Father for hearing my prayers and sending me good news :) As the drive progressed, I got more and more excited and still continue to be excited, the more I think about it!
I should have known when I started weeping during Disney movies and crying during Extreme Makeover: Home Edition... I don't know what it is about the show, but I always watch during pregnancy and cry... maybe it's similar to a drug addict that needs their fix... I needed my fix to cry! Or the fact, that we went to the temple on Saturday, and we were in the sealing room doing proxy work for our family, and I just knew I was pregnant. It was such a sweet spirit, like our baby liked being there... of course, they loved it. But I kept going back and forth. The constant pressure on my bladder should have been a dead ringer or the need to nap when Bella does and becoming very upset if I miss her naptime. Or the talking to the possible baby and praying for the baby, that may or may not have existed. Or the fact, that I couldn't eat any of the Papa John's pizza at my sister's two weeks ago! Which I love, but for some reason, when pregnant, the thought of makes me sick. And the fact I quit with the caffeine and started eating healthier... I also started taking my prenatals on Jan 2. before said baby was made, so at least I got a head start on that, not the recommended 6 weeks. But again, I didn't trust myself or my husband, who told me, I'm going to get you pregnant in January... I was wrong, he was right, I love that man!
So are we ready? Not even close! Bella is going to be a big sister and I can't believe my baby, is going to be a BIG sister! We still haven't told anyone (with the exception of the people that had to know so I could come home from Rock Hill to see Mitch) and don't plan to until at least the first prenatal visit, just in case. So you'll be reading all of this much later, but at least I am documenting it! I am not looking forward to morning sickness, and I've already started experiencing mild food aversions. I am going to miss hot baths oh so much! I love my bubble baths... and my body. I finally got it back to pre pregnancy shape and toned with yoga.. but it will come back! I plan on maintaing a healthy diet and since I've already been working out, continue with that, but I will probably give zumba a break for a while... as much as I hate to do that, it's a little intense. Even though we planned this pregnancy, it wasn't in "our plan" per se, we were going to wait until Bella was 2 to start trying again, but Heavenly Father's plan is always much better!
So here's to the next nine months, of a happy and healthy pregnancy and all the fun updates that come with that! Mitch is thinking a girl, I'm thinking it's a boy... just because I know I have a son... we will see who wins this one!
Look out world, We're now expanding to a family of four!
Techincally this is week 3... and 3 days... we just found out SUPER EARLY!


No comments:
Post a Comment