To my little poppy seed,
Last night, Mommy did a very sneaky thing! She was supposed to wait until she was with Daddy to take test that would confirm your existence... Mommy can be a little crazy sometimes, so even though I knew you were in there, I didn't know for sure. In my defense, I didn't think we would get an answer so soon, but in my heart, I knew you were mine from very close to the moment you were created. As soon as I found out, I called Daddy and since we were visiting your Papa in Rock Hill, I told him we had to get back to celebrate with Daddy! I drove very cautiously in a huge rainstorm, just to make it home, but I made sure you were safe. I said a prayer and Bella helped too and we finally made it home, safe and sound.
Daddy was so excited, it was technically his idea for you to come to our family, but I've been wanting you for awhile, I just didn't realize how much, until you came into our lives. I am glad you're in there, because I've been talking to you for awhile, holding you in my hand, and taking vitamins to make sure you grow to be strong and healthy. You are so loved already and I am so excited to meet you! I know this is going to be a new experience for you, it's going to be a new experience for me, but we will get through this together. I will always be here for you and protect you. Daddy and Bella will too!
Bella is your big sister, and you are just going to love her! She is so awesome, and full of love. She's already started practicing with her baby dolls to take care of you, even though we didn't know you were on your way. No worries, we won't let her babysit you just yet... she still drops her babies on the head and sometimes slams them on the floor in frustration. We won't let that happen to you! I know you will be best friends and she will look over and protect you and especially keep you warm with the blankies... all her babies are wrapped tight in blankies at all times. She gives great hugs and kisses, and will set a great example for you. I am so excited for you to be able to play together, although that's still some time away. She is going to be such a great helper. I'd also like to apologize for the kicks you might have felt, as she is a rowdy sleeper and sometimes kicks me or elbows me in the stomach... she also likes to jump on my belly. Consider this a taste of what sibling rivalry might entail, but no worries, I'll take extra care to prevent such attacks in the future. She's really funny and I'm sure she' ll make you laugh. She's still pretty young but I know she's going to be excited to meet you too! This is going to be a big change for both of us, so please be patient with Mommy as I'm learning just like you.
Daddy is in his last year of undergrad at USC. Next year, we will hopefully be in grad school and on to the next chapters of life! He is such a hard worker and extremely smart! You are going to love him so much! Bella adores him and he adores her! He adores you too! You are so lucky to have him for your daddy! Everyone that meets him, loves him (0r secretly wants to be him). He is really strong with big muscles so we will be able to protect you. He wants wha'ts best for you and is going to work his very hardest to provide that for you! He has a strong testimony of the gospel and will be able to give you great counsel if you ever need it... and you will. He is patient and kind, a great example of Christ-like love. He also has a very good head on his shoulders, and will help keep Mommy grounded. He's got his work cut out for him, but he is always a great helper when I'm pregnant. Bella gets her sense of humor, from him, and he makes me laugh alot. You will love him so much and you will love him. He also thinks you're a girl, so we'll see. He was right about your arrival, so he will probably be right about this.
You're still really tiny but growing at a really rapid rate... this will continue for the next three years, as my time with Bella has flown by! But I can still feel you inside me, growing, and getting stronger, I'm so anxious to meet you, but not before you're ready to come out! I love you so much already. I promise to take care of you, and love you. I will never leave you and promise to do my best to teach you and love you the way Heavenly Father does. You're going to love all your family. I like to nap with Bella, because helping you grow can be very tiring! She likes to lay on my tummy, but I'm pretty sure she's just trying to get close to you.
We are so blessed to have you in our family and I hope you will be happy in my tummy. If I'm not doing something right, just kick me, and I'll readjust or try too! I know you don't have legs yet, but if you can avoid putting them in my rib cage... that'd be awesome. Sleep well little poppy seed and I'll see you before you know it!
Love,
Your Mommy
I suggest you type this up and print it and put this in his (or her) baby book =)
ReplyDelete