Thursday, August 23, 2012

"Peef,Go-Go, & Poop"



So Bella has made it a habit of naming her bath toys.  I'm not sure how this started.  I just know that one day she said, "Go-Go" said "Hey!" (referring to her goldfish) and I was expected to have a conversation with him.  When a toddler asks you to talk to an inanimate object, you don't ask questions, you just do it.  So we exchanged pleasantries and I silently giggled to myself about Bella's imagniation. Little did I know this was just the beginning!

Mitch has primarily taken over night time duties such as bath, pajamas, bedtime, etc.  I normally get a call for hair and teeth brushing but we are trying to establish a routine for Bella with Mitch so that when Ronan arrives, it will be a "Daddy-Bella" thing instead of "We-have-a-new-baby-so-Mommy-can't-help-you-anymore" AND it gives me a much needed break.

After Mitch puts Bella to bed, our favorite thing to do is talk about all the funny things she does... and she is full of funny stuff so it happens on a very frequent basis.  One night he asks, if I was aware Bella had named her bath toys.  I told him about Go-Go and our numerous conversations.  He then informed me there were two new names with a giggle.  I was curious.  He then explained that we had a turtle named "Peef" and the green blowfish was "Poop"!  I have no idea where she came up with Peef...  I even tried talking to her about it and asked if the she meant to say "Pete" from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (her new favorite TV show) and she simply replied, "No, Mommy, PeeeeeFFF."  Peef it is.  Poop is pretty self-explanatory, let's be honest, for some reason, it's just a fun word to say.

So there you have it, the story of Peef,Go-Go, and Poop.  Can't wait to see what she comes up with next!

No comments:

Post a Comment