Friday, September 21, 2012

I can't make this stuff up...

I feel like this deserves it's own post.  If you're tired of hearing about my health woes, believe me, I'm more tired of having them!  I can't make this stuff up. I feel like "someone" is putting in these unpleasant health issues in a hat and then pulling a few, and showering them on me.  But I want to point out, I'm still upbeat and positive.  I'm so grateful for good healthcare providers and thankful I have health insurance AND Medicaid because my prescriptions alone would be ridiculous much less doctor's visits and phone calls, and everything else.

I've been having horrible rib/ side pain for the past two weeks which I attributed to the cough, which does make it hurt worse but even driving or getting out of bed can put me in excruciating pain.  I officially finished my third round of antibiotics today.  Because of all the antibiotics, I've been taking I've developed thrush in my mouth and now in my throat, that makes drinking and eating pretty much unbearable.  The thrush is from the antibiotics, which were for the bronchitis/ upper respiratory tract infection/ sinusitis that I've had for the past two months.  I don't know if they were just different opinions or I had three separate cases, but that's what they tell me.  The thrush was only in my mouth but it's spread to my throat so I called the OB today, like I've done 4 out of the 5 weekdays this week to report changes and hopefully get some relief for the weekend. They told me to come in for a urine sample.

My most precious little girl
I'd also like to throw in, that my baby girl is at the beach with her grandparents for an overnight trip to see family because she wanted to go with "Ganma and PopPop".  I trust these people with my child, wouldn't let her go with anyone less, but it all happened within about 15 minutes of me waking up.  An hour later, she was packed and in "Pop Pop's Big Truck" and on her way to the great beyond.  I, of course, was balling because I am a pregnant mess full of health issues and was not prepared to tell my baby goodbye.  I worry about her at night because she sleeps with us and sometimes will wake up with night terrors where she needs me and just writing this is killing me, BUT I need to focus on the fact that she is with family having fun, instead of at home with me watching movies while I rest.  It was so hard to let her go.  It could be the fact that I had a dream last night, that today was the day, I'll go into labor, which makes it all the more real, that our lives are about to change.  Like I've said a bazillion times before, change, be it good or bad, scares me and I'm always reluctant for that change (Too late now, right?  Kind of have to have the baby at this point, I'm 39 weeks today) But Bella has been mine for so long.  She's my baby and my sidekick in crime.  She's taken such good care of me while I've been sick.  When I get into a coughing fit, she stops whatever she is doing and runs over to me and holds me or pats my back, and says, "its okay mommy, its okay.  Just drink some water and it will be all better."  Every. Single. Time.  She also tried to hug me and tell me not to be sad as I'm packing her bag crying my eyes out and she just held me.  I can't express how much I love this little girl.  You probably think I'm crazy.  I'm about to go into labor and it's only an overnight trip but I just wasn't ready to let her go.  I know it's a blessing so I can catch up on getting things ready for Ronan. I know this is part of Heavenly Father's plan, I mean if I do go into labor, I want her to be having fun, and what's more fun than the beach.  She is just a special little person.  The thought that I might go into labor and not have our one on one time kills me.  The thought I will actually have to be away from her when I go to have Ronan is very real and I haven't thought about it up until this point.  But it will happen, whether I like it or not.  My little baby is growing up, and I have to accept that.  Heaven help me when she goes to school or college or gets married.  Eek!  I'll think about that when I'm more hormonally balanced.

I was so happy with the nesting, thinking I'll get this out of the way, so that I can spend my last two months just doing fun things with her, but literally it's been one thing after the other, when it comes to my health.  I've been sick or in bed, or at the doctor's or just making it through the day.  So I go to the doctor's since I've been calling  about new symptoms. (they brought me in)  They found a lot of blood in my urine so they think the kidney stones are getting worse or moving.  So after Ronan is born, I will definitely need to get an ultrasound to break them up.  On top of the thrush spreading, they're pretty sure I have a yeast infection instead of a UTI, but I could still possibly have a UTI, they have to do a culture.  Also my thrush has indeed spread to my throat so on top of everything else, being pregnant, I can't enjoy eating or drinking the things that I want, because water burns at this point...  I can't make this up.  I've never had this many health problems or been on so much medication, in my life!  Much less in a two month span, even though I'm in pain, I refuse to take the pain meds because the more I read, the more damage I see that can happen to Ronan, and I've worked too hard and endured too much for anything to happen to him now.  His movements have started to slow down, so I know we are getting ready for delivery.  I know that we are about to be showered with blessings, because WOW, have I been showered with trials.  Nothing has gone the way I've planned, and despite my best efforts, I'm still ill.  I have not lost faith, I know the Lord has great plans for me and my family and I will endure to the very end.  It's just a cycle because I need to get better before Ronan gets here, but because I'm so cramped and pregnant, I'm not sure that will happen.  I'm not sleeping because I'm scared that I'll go into labor with medicine head so "resting up" isn't an option.

I saw a quote today, "God saves his biggest battles for his strongest soldiers."  I'm glad Heavenly Father has that much confidence in me.  Of those that much is given, much is expected.  I'm blessed with a wonderful family and I have a pretty good feeling, this little boy is going to be very special.  I'm alive and breathing, even if injured and a little worse for the wear.  I have a husband who is faithful and loves me, and works SO hard for our family in school and work.  I have the most perfect little girl, she is a two year old, but she really has the most loving heart and sweetest testimony.  And I get to be her Mommy.  That alone, makes all of this worth everything I'm going through, but in the next two weeks, I will get another sweet spirit brought into this world and have him in my life.  And I'm just overwhelmed with how blessed I am.  My family is all that matters to me, and I think I have the best one there is.

I'm off to go pick up MORE prescriptions, let's hope this knock things out.  As always, keep me in your prayers, they've got me through this far and I'll need them to get through the next little bit too.  God bless.

1 comment:

  1. oh my word...you couldn't make it up!!! so terrible. just prsying he comes ASAP, dont give up!!!!

    ReplyDelete