Not my man, of course. And not really all men. And when I say "Men Stink" I'm not talking about their smell. Let me elaborate, the male OB I saw today, really ruined my day.
My due date is Friday. I'll be 40 weeks. I wanted to get induced because it would work out with Mitchell's school schedule and work schedule and it would be safe. Also Mitch was a huge baby, and I'm not exactly shooting for the title of giving birth to a 10 lb baby. Let's be honest, that doesn't need to come out of my body, lest I ever want to be able to have any normal function in that area or be able to pee straight for the remainder of my life. I was in a great mood, I'm feeling better minus the painful cough and rib pain AND I'm grateful for that! I tried to be pleasant and optimisitic.
After my pelvic exam, where I progress 0%... last week I regressed to 1.5 cm and 80% effaced, today I was 2cm and 70 % effaced... given I saw different OB's but in the end, I think they just make up numbers. I've been having stronger and stronger contractions since Friday so I was sure I had made some progress..... no luck! I was feeling pretty discouraged. I wanted to talk about induction, and before I could even get it out of my mouth, he said he really wanted me to go into labor on my own but if I went over then we could talk about inducing. Was I too peppy? Should I have cried or screamed bloody murder? Is it really fair I get punished for trying to be polite and a good patient? I brought my concern about Ronan's weight, and he wasn't concerned... of course, he's not concerned, he doesn't have to deliver the baby! So I have an OB appt on Monday with another OB (who I hear is keen on inducing)... but I'm trying everything I can to get this baby I can here on Friday.
On my way back from the OB to pick up Bella, I missed my turn which happened to put me in the path of Krispy Kreme... My KK deal is, if the HOT NOW sign is on, then I have to get a dozen and after this depressing news, I think I more than deserved it SO I drove to the front, and sure enough the sign was on (If you light it, they will come) AND bought a dozed HOT KK glazed doughnuts. I only ate one in the car while it was hot. And it made me feel a little better. I still am holding a grudge against my OB that I sang his praises weeks ago. I realize they've been delivering babies for ages but that's not the same as HAVING the baby. I feel like in the end, yes they go to school for forever and look at lady parts all day and feel they "know" our bodies, BUT I feel like there's a secret check list and if you have A, B, and C then you get result D. But if you don't have said symptoms, they'll just let you ride it out and see what happens. I MISS Dr. Addy so much! I doubt I'll be using them for our next child... if there's a next child, because most likely we won't be in Lexington, but if we were, I doubt I'd go there again.
Like tomorrow, I'm walking on the dam, with my Sister in Law, should my water break mid way through. And then if that doesn't work I have a list of other suggestions from wonderful people on FB and phone calls from friends who care. I'm still suffering from the Mommy guilt but Ronan can't stay in there forever and I have to try to think of what's best for Bella. A C-section would not be good for anyone and thats what I'm trying to avoid.
I did get a flu shot, so there's one thing I won't have to worry about but I would like a few days without a cough so my ribs could heal so I could be in tip top shape for the BIG moment.... Again, it all boils down to faith and Heavenly Father's timing. And patience is not something I'm great at. I did put in my request for Friday, but I can try all the "tricks" in the world and Ronan won't get here before he's ready.
In all honesty, it's not that I'm that miserable being pregnant. It's just I know I'm squished. He's squished. And because I'm too polite, there's not a definite he'll be here Friday. SO Boo... men stink that are OB's that won't induce for unsolicited reasons. I'll just have to wait and see and try to laugh in the meantime.
No comments:
Post a Comment